Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back on the Rails

I got back on my bike today. It felt great. I did a 1 hour endurance ride after work. I left from work, headed up Vista Sorrento, north on El Camino, west on Via de la Valle, south on the 101/Sorrento Valley back to work.

The next 3 weeks will be spent doing some hit and miss prep work to get my body back and acclimatized to aerobic exercise. I'll be doing some riding on my bike, riding on the tandem, and any other physical activity that feels good at the time. Riding will be focussed on basic endurance and leg speed.

I've also put together a rough training plan and racing schedule for next year. I'll be adding next season's racing goals to the site tomorrow. I'll probably also post a copy of the schedule on the site as well.

1 comment:

joelprice.com said...

Hi Eric, I ran across your blog last month. I'm finding it very helpful in getting myself organized into some sort of training program. I've been riding a good deal over the last year, but feel like I've plateaued a bit. Don't get me wrong I've made huge progress in the last 11 month, included losing 35 lbs., a century and riding Palomar Mountain last Saturday. But now I'm ready to move on to the next level. So I look forward to seeing your training plan and racing schedule. I'm hoping it will help me get organized with my plan. My competitive side even wants to do a race or two in '09. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your next post. - Joel