Sunday, February 8, 2009

Red Trolley - Good and Bad

The good: Ralph (race announcer) called my name 3 times, I raced pretty aggressively, didn't get dropped after 3 laps like I did last year at the Green Trolley (last year the Green Trolley was my first race back after breaking my leg, I wasn't too strong at the time), spent most of my time at the front, chased down a number of breaks.

The bad: With 2 laps to go an accident happened right in front of me. I had to slow down quite a bit. In doing so I wasn't able to catch back on to the field.

I'm not sure where I finished, but it wasn't anything worth reporting. I don't want to dwell too much on this race. When I consider how far I've come since my accident I have lots to be proud of. When I see myself not getting good results, even though I've been putting in a ton of hard work, it's hard to take.

For those who are in to the visual stuff, here are a few movies courtesy of Carol:





No comments: