Friday, February 19, 2010

The Cannondale is on the Road

Today was the first day that I really got out for a good ride on the new Cannondale.

I bought this frame as part of the bike deal that SDBC did with Nytro. I got pretty close to wholesale pricing on the frameset (frame, fork and headset). It took a bit of looking on-line to find a good deal on a Campy group. I ended up finding a 10 speed Chorus group for $1000. Then I bought an aluminum FSA ergo bar, stem and a Specialized Toupe saddle on-line and I was pretty much set.



The thinking here was to build up a bike that I could transport up to my parents and have to ride whenever I'm up in Canada. So, the Cannondale will be staying here for a while.

Tomorrow I'll be heading out for an early morning hammerfest with some of the Mission locals. I need to be on the road by 7:30am or so. It'll probably be something like 40 degrees F at that point. Looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Matt Marshall said...

Nice ride Eric! Do you plan on racing it, or is it strictly for riding up North?

Eric said...

My hope was that I might race it up here. There's a big week of races up here called Super Week. I'm not too sure how many of them are cat 3/4ish sort of races, but I may come up here for that week and do some racing. It's definitely a fast bike. I was doing mile intervals on the Matsqui prairie this morning and going 45 degrees into the wind in 53x12.

carolz said...

Does frozen laundry count as dry up there in the north?

Eric said...

As you know, the laundry system around here is a complicated one. Freezing it stiff may be part of the process. All I know for sure is that I put my stuff in and it comes back 3 to 5 days later.