Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Went to the Neurologist Today

I went to the neurologist this morning. With the small, yet no where good enough improvements I've seen in my nerve recovery over nearly two years now, I wanted to get one final opinion on the status of my nerve. The opinion of the guy I saw this morning is that when the traction pin was put through my knee, it grazed my peroneal nerve. Didn't sever it, but damaged it irreparably. His prognosis is that the nerve won't get better and it won't get worse. In his words, "of all the people I see this is a pretty minor problem, on a scale of 1 to 10, it's about a quarter". Uh, well, sure, I don't have significant neurological issues. I do however have a complete inability to race my bike any more.

The peroneal nerve for those who might be interested:

2 comments:

Matt Marshall said...

Eric,
Not buying what you're selling!

Matt

Eric said...

That works out well then because I don't have anything for sale! ;-)