Sunday, February 4, 2007

Red Trolley Report

Well, my first real crit is in the books. The race turned out to be a lot of fun. If you're not familiar with the course it's a simple 4 right hand turn affair around a block. The only wrinkle being that there's a hill on one end of the course, so you have a little hill to climb on the start of the home stretch.

I rode at the front of the pack for the first half of the race. There was a two man break up the hill about half way through the 30 minutes. One of my team-mates was in the break. If your team-mate is in a break like this your job is to not chase them down (the last thing you want to do is bring them back to the pack). So I spent the rest of the race riding with the peloton. You can view all the results here. Looks like they had me down as 19 out of 50 or 52:

Red Trolley Results

I'm looking forward to the Ontario race which will be much flatter and have more corners. It should be better suited to my skills.

No comments: