Saturday, December 5, 2009

Momentum is Building

I'm up to two weeks of solid riding. It doesn't sound like much, but it's actually been a big turn around from where things were. Especially when you consider that it's winter and all the week-day riding is happening in the mornings before work. I'm outta my 12am-ish bedtime habit and getting to bed at 9 or 10 and I'm getting up around 6am and hitting the streets.

I got in a nice three hour ride up the coast today. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Today was the sort of day that you don't want to miss if you're a photographer. Lots of dark clouds in a bright sky, plenty of wind to blow away any haze, and an abundance of colour.

I also happened to run into Joel Price along the way, which was nice. I haven't seen him in 6 months or so. He's looking plenty fit. This is the year that he needs to finally come out and race. If you run into him on the roads, make sure you bug him about it.

Next week will be the final big week of my first base phase. My fitness is really coming around. I'm easily keeping it aerobic up Torrey Pines, which is a pretty good measuring stick for me. I'm starting to feel a bit worn down, but nothing too serious, I just need to manage things closely and hold on for the ensuing recovery week.

No comments: